I purchased a pattern from Adams-Harris Pattern Company about a month ago and I finally got to play around with it! About two weeks ago I had my first try with the last bit of my white fabric.
I love blouses in this style with lots of frills and lace and ribbons, so naturally I wanted to make something like this for Vivienne. After 12 hours worth of cutting and sewing and trying to understand the instructions, voila! Unfortunately, the pattern is fitted in a Ipplehouse BJD (Ipplehouse’s SD-sized BJD’s are a tiny bit skinnier than Volks’ SD10) and as you can see I couldn’t quite close up the blouse. Also, when I sewed the sleeves on I pretty much ruined the dress, for I did not do a proper job and the fit was just completely messed up. Oh, the trials and tribulations of learning how to sew.
So I decided I would not be defeated and started over again with the blue fabric. I typically like to save this fabric for Alice in Wonderland-inspired dresses, but this is some of the last bit of fabric I have left. This time around, despite making many mistakes, I am much more satisfied with the result !! I edited the pattern so that instead of a blouse, this is the top part of a dress.
I look forward to continuing my sewing adventures !!